Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Busy veterinarian finds her focus




Kris, Focus T25 Challenger, Lost 15 Pounds in 10 Weeks

A few years ago, I started noticing I was gaining weight.  It started as just a few pounds here and there but it turned into buying new clothes to fit when my old ones didn’t.  After I jumped yet another size, I decided to make a change.

My friend, Lindsay, was doing workouts at home and she looked great.  I always thought, “There is no way that I have time to meal plan and workout.”  I asked her about it a few times, but was never ready to commit, until I again went up another size. 

Being a busy veterinarian, my schedule is unpredictable.  I am “on call” a lot and it’s always been a struggle to have a consistent schedule, so I was pretty nervous about trying something new.  I didn’t think that I could stick to something long-term without falling off the wagon.  I spoke to Lindsay about how to do this.  She laid out a roadmap for nutrition, suggested a workout program that would fit into my crazy schedule and plugged me into a private support group with other women just like me.  I was in and committed!

BUT WOW, was I in for some hard work.  My first few weeks I really struggled.  I was hungry, I was exhausted and I was not losing weight.  I wanted to quit.  I told Lindsay this wasn’t going to work for me, but she encouraged me to stick with it and to do the best that I could do.  My amazing support group was also rooting for me.  Every time I was struggling I turned to my group.  Instead of feeling defeated, I felt inspired.  They always had helpful suggestions and words of encouragement.  Over time, I learned how to live my new lifestyle.  I was no longer hungry and exhausted, but motivated by positive changes of healthy eating and exercise.
 Bottom line, I never gave up! It was not always easy.  I cheated, I got lazy, but I stuck with it.  10 weeks later, I was down 15 pounds.  My journey still continues and while I still struggle with my nutrition and finding time to workout on a consistent basis, my support group has been a major reason why I haven’t given up.  This accountability has been HUGE for me.

To read other's incredible stories and realize they are just like you check out my Success Stories page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment