Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why I drink Shakeology

Have you heard of Shakeology?

What a special treasure that many people do not know about YET!  I found out about it last summer.  I was just about finished with my first round of P90X and was eating well according to the nutrition plan, but had a friend tell me about this new health shake and the amazing benefits of it!  I had never thought about supplements much and how they could improve my health and fitness results and overall life.

What is Shakeology?

In a nutsell, Shakeology is a meal replacement shake and its packed with 70 vitamins and nutrients.  Benefits include weight loss, lowering cholesterol, increasing energy, improved digestion and regularity to name a few.

With my friend’s endorsement and after I winced a wee bit at the price, I determined it was worth a shot! http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/lindsayandrews

Getting started with Shakeology

For me personally, I didn’t see much difference in the first few months of drinking the shake.  While it tastes like heaven (think of a chocolate shake and mix in your favorite goodnesses like peanut butter, bananas, strawberries in it), I didn’t need to lose any weight as a result of it so was really unsure why I needed to drink it.  BUT, I kept drinking it because I knew it was the best nutrition I could put in my body…period!

Why I must now have Shakeology EVERY DAY:

I have been drinking Shakeology for almost a year now…and what I can tell you is that the long-term benefits have been worth it!  Here is what I have experienced:

Increased energy!  Never in my life have I had so much energy.  I can get through each day without feeling so exhausted when it’s time to go to bed!  I am a working mom and wife and like most women have a bazillion things going on in my life.  I don’t always have time to eat properly.  It’s perfect for lunch or dinner on the run!

Improved digestion and regularity.  I have been an IBS sufferer for years!  Most of this changed when I changed jobs five years ago, but I was still battling with regularity.  Did you know that 10-20% of the world’s population suffers from IBS - and mostly it’s women?  Shakeology has changed that for me.  It’s funny to write about, but I am regular and consistent.  Thank God!

These have been the benefits I have experienced - for others, it could be lowered cholesterol (no meds, anyone?) and weight loss.


image

Is it safe to drink while pregnant?

When I found out I was pregnant last fall, I brought in a sample packet of shakeology for my OB to review the ingredient list. I tell all pregnant moms to do this. My OB was impressed with the ingredients in Shakeology. He is a serious fitness buff (major weight lifter) and was like, “It’s even got the maca in it?!” He said that while there isn’t anything scientific that says why I should or should not drink it, he is hard pressed to find any reason why I couldn’t drink it and said that in lieu of taking a prenatal vitamin, i could drink shakeology instead. I have to take a folic acid supplement - but I will do this instead of taking those giant prenatal vitamins!

Disclaimer:  This was my OB talking to me. I don’t have a complicated health history…everything healthwise has been normal for me.  

I love sharing this product with people, because it is truly special.

For more information on Shakeology and the benefits of super foods, check out the May article entitled, “Good Morning, World” in Oprah Magazine or contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment